Saturday 14 September 2013

Harvest beer(s)

Autumn is now here, very much settled in fact.As I mentioned in the past, one of the many aspects of autumn I love is the fact that it is the harvest season. And beer, my poison of choice, is obviously closely associated to harvest. I drink beer in all seasons, but I have my set of autumnal ales and I love to discover new ones every year. Last year I tried Fields of Gold in a local pub. Not my favourite, partially because of the citrus aftertaste, I prefer beers with more bitterness, especially in autumn, but still enjoyable. I wanted to blog about it just for the picture of the cask's label I took. Here it is.

3 comments:

Louise said...

Tu viens bientôt. Si jamais tu as un-peu beaucoup de liquidité pour te payer une bonne bouffe bien arrosée, je te suggère JoeBeef. Cher mais généreux. Il y a là une atmosphère et un besoin de créer des mets qui soignent le ventre des hommes et comblent les palais gourmands, vraiment gourmands. Ils ont leur propre bière mais leur carte des vins est pas pire pantoute.

Mantan Calaveras said...

I usually go for the nice dark stout ales.

But, all of a sudden my local hippy-dippy markets are full of canned cider and mead. Canned MEAD. So I don't think I'll be able to justify the beer thing for a bit.

Gwen Buchanan said...

I have developed an appreciation for beer over the ages... just about to have a home brew as soon as it is poured off. and hey beer is good for you, Right!