Friday 6 September 2013

Autumn starting?

The picture at your right was taken a year ago, and about a month later than it is now, but I thought it fitted the subject matter of this post, which is a follow up to the post I blogged yesterday. I thought I needed to inform my modest readership of the development of yesterday's forecasts. It did rain today, although not nearly as much as I had feared. In fact, I remained dry all day. The heavy showers people dreaded was one short lived heavy shower. All the same, with the rain and the clouds came a good drop of temperature, and when I walked to buy my lunch I felt a chill that was pleasantly reassuring. It really felt like autumn was settling in. It got warmer at the end of the day when I left work, but the air was still cool and as the evening went on it slowly became cooler. In sum, the temperature today was typically autumnal, or to be precise typical of a September day. This is how I remember September to be.

4 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

ahhhhh...autumn!!!

PJ said...

On a des températures automnales ici aussi, enfin, surtout le matin. Ça fait un bail qu'on a pas eu des relents d'automne hâtif. Ce serait pas un crime que ça reste.

Guillaume said...

@Jaz-Ah yes, it feels like autumn today. Not in full bloom yet, but autumn nevertheless.
@PJ-Ici l'automne n'est pas hâtif, il l'est rarement en fait, le dernier dont je me rappelle était en 2008, quand il a commencé à faire froid dès début septembre. Mais bon, je porte un col roulé aujourd'hui, sans manteau d'été, et je suis confortable dehors.

PJ said...

J'ai parlé trop vite. La canicule revient mardi et mercredi, avec des maximums de 28 et 30.