Sunday 8 September 2013

The autumn clothes are back

This September is so far looking very autumnal, to my great delight. Since last Friday, the temperatures have dropped dramatically. It is not cold, but the sudden difference makes it very noticeable. I have checked the weather forecast, and it seems that it will be the same for the near future. So this means that I have started wearing warmer clothes. Yesterday, I wore one of my old turtle neck black jumpers and it felt soooo good. It is a very old (I bought it in 2001), worn out, black going on grey jumper that I only wear rarely at weekends or when I travel. I love my old worn out clothes, I may end up looking sloppy, but I don't care. One of my favourite seasonal rituals is to take out the warm clothes, it is another sign that autumn is here.

5 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

lucky you! we are going to be in the 90's this week. i hope it will be the last of the hot weather. i love much used old clothes.

suzanne said...

I soooo look forward to that time of year! Shouldn't be much longer now.

Mantan Calaveras said...

Heh heh, I'm still in hawaiian shirts and white topsiders. After labor day? Darn tootin' I'm a member of the proletariat not one o' those highfalutin' bourgie's

The Gill-Man said...

Yeah, it's still hot as H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks around here! Get out of here, Summer!!!

Guillaume said...

Thank you all for commenting. I hope you are all having a more autumnal weather as I am typing this.