Tuesday 10 September 2013

Autumnal chronicle

I hope nobody minds if I write yet another post about autumn, especially a post that it a followup of a followup of a followup. Of this post. I will try to vary the topics in the very near future. This picture was taken a year ago near my work. I had to share it, I thought tonight was a good enough excuse. Because autumn is surprisingly punctual this year. The pic was taken in October, we are in September only and, while the leaves did not change colours that much, the coal fire is already starting to show. First half of September, no equinox yet, yet the temperatures are much lower, I am wearing now thicker clothes and might start wearing my autumn coat, my consumption of tea has gone up to two a day during week days and there is that strange smell of fire every evening. I don't know where it comes from, but it smells of bonfire. I am quite happy how things have turned out. I have to go back to 2008 to remember such an autumnal September.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i wish it was the same here. we are in the 90's and terribly humid...not fare!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

O Canada!

Guillaume said...

@Jaz-Hope it is better now.
@Debra-I didn't even think about it. The original Canadian flag, if I am not mistaken, had three maple leaves.