Monday 1 June 2015

Will it be York?

Well, I learned today at work that my holidays have been approved. Which is great. Even if it is not for a while, knowing I have holidays to look forward to will be something to keep my spirit up. But that means my wife and I will need to decide where to go and organize this. As you may remember, we were hesitating between Edinburgh and York. Our heart leans towards to Scotland, however for practical reasons it is more likely to be Yorkshire. That said, we are also looking at other options, but I would really want to go up North for these holidays. Any suggestions? And if it is York, any tip of any kind? Places to stay or visit? I am open to suggestions.

4 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Oh my....I vote for Scotland!! And I want to go with you all desperately! We are planning a European Vacation to Wales, Ireland and Scotland. I have Pinterest Boards for all 3 locations, but I must say the photos I've collected of Scotland are absolutely, stunningly incredible! I can't believe how gorgeous the landscape is there. I do hope that we will be able to fit it in when we go. And if you guys go...please take lots of photos and share them here!

Craig said...

Guillaume - I think that both York and Edinburgh are wonderful cities. If you decide on Edinburgh, and it's in the summer, check hotel or B&B prices. Edinburgh is insanely expensive during the summer, especially the festival and fringe times. Also too busy at these times so best avoided. We always visit Edinburgh in winter as it's just as beautiful but much lower prices and no crowds.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Haven't been to either so have no advice to share!

DavidCameron said...

I always want to visit Scotland sooooo badly and I would suggest you the same! It looks beautiful and everyone will love to sample the local food.