Wednesday 24 June 2015

A menacing seagull

I was having my lunch break walk this afternoon, a bit late as I usually do. At some point, I saw and especially heard a seagull, flying low above me. It was cawing at me menacingly I think. It flew fairly low, at some point I thought it was about to dive on me like in The Birds, but it went up and then kept remained there, still crying in an ominous way to no one. It really felt like I was in the movie. Which reminds me that I need to read the original novel/novelette by Daphne Du Maurier. Apparently, this is not merely pure horror fiction. In fact, a quick Google search told me that seagulls have been increasingly aggressive in recent years. So watch of the skies and beware of the seagull.

2 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Oh my....I so feel you on the 'evil seagull' thing!!! I have been terrified of them ever since I was a young girl, naively strolling out to the beach with a doughnut in my hand, thinking life was good....UNTIL straight out of "The Birds" horror film, my cousin and I were swarmed with a bazillion seagulls that appeared out of nowhere and began dive bombing us in an attempt to violently strip our precious doughnuts right out of our sticky lil' hands. We were so scared for our lives that we began running down the beach, screaming and crying. Sadly, I had not the sense to throw the dang pastry down, so I was running with it in my hand, thereby becoming a moving target to their fiercely feathered lynch mob. To this day, both my cousin and I are still extremely scared of Seagulls...those wretched birds from hell!! So glad you too are fellow survivor of their blatant thievery and vitriol! Be safe my friend, and don't take your eyes of them for a second!

Cynthia said...

I've read that the seagulls in Rome terrorise tourists ... and murder pigeons!