Tuesday 27 October 2015

Black Cat Day

It is my fourth blog post tonight and my third one that is Halloween-related. Well, indirectly Halloween related, as it was not my intention writing it. Because today is National Black Cat Day and I absolutely wanted to mention it. Because black cats are the least adopted among all the cats. I love black cats and this is a proper time to give them an homage. And because I once had a black cat, named Odin, and I wanted to commemorate him today. He is the one on the picture accompanying this post. Black cats are also associated with Halloween and I was very lucky to have Odin on Halloween with me, back in 2013. I often blogged about him, in fact I blogged about him so much that I don't have any new picture of him left, this one I uploaded on the blog before. Odin was an amazing cat and I have yet to find one that took my heart like he did. I cannot understand why black cats have such bad reputation. I always loved them even more than other cats, and Odin was, well, he was the darkest, most precious jewel among them. So anyway, here's to all the black cats in the world, let them all find a loving home.

4 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

awwww....odin is celebrating halloween somewhere and having lots of fun in kitty heaven!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A toast to Odin, a very fine cat indeed.

Ms Misantropia said...

Oh, I missed it this year! Well, from one Black Cat owner to another; Happy Black Cat day and Happy Halloween!

Nellie said...

Black cats are my favorite! We have had a dark grey one, then the black one with the white spot under his chin. I must admit, I wondered if they felt the heat of summer more than a white cat.