Monday 19 October 2015

Dracula's Guest (by Stephen Fry)

For tonight's countdown to Halloween post (although I already blogged one in French), I thought I'd do something lighter, since it is Monday and all. So here is a monologue of Stephen Fry which parodies Dracula, my favourite horror novel. Apparently, its official title is The Letter, but I have known it as Dracula's Guest and found it at complete random, when I was looking for a dramatization of the short story. Fry mocks with affection the tropes of Gothic horror and vampire fiction, including the epistolary narrative, and it is hilarious.

3 comments:

Nellie said...

And - the days are swiftly passing in this your favorite time of year!

Pik-Cor said...

Hilarious! And oh my, how young is Master Stephen!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hahahahaha, I love Stephen Fry! And yes, so young and slender then!