Saturday 31 October 2015

A take on the story of Jack O'Lantern

Halloween would not be completed without a few scary stories. Tonight I will share at least one. As I have been very busy this month, it will sadly not be one of my own creation, but something I found elsewhere. I was looking for a take on the story of Jack O'Lantern on YouTube and found plenty of them. I have settled on this one, to my own surprise taken from a Catholic parish church somewhere in the US (I think). It is ironic, because I am an atheist and former Catholic, nevertheless I actually think he got the story right. And at least, unlike too many Christians, this one seems to love Halloween, even trick or treat. So after due consideration and in spite of the preaching the man (priest?) does in the end of his video, it is the one I decided to upload for tonight. Still, the storyteller that I am sometimes can't help but think that my own take on the legend of Jack O'Lantern is better, if I can say so myself (you can read part one here and part two there). I wrote a few more tales of Jack O'Lantern through the years on this blog, if you are curious or into spooky reads. I will conclude this post saying that tonight I walked while children were doing trick or treat and I noticed that the spirit of Stingy Jack was very much alive.

1 comment:

Mantan Calaveras said...

Good old bad old Jack, heh heh.

Happy Halloween!