Saturday 1 August 2015

"Feeling Good"

I have recently stumbled on YouTube on the trailer of a documentary about the life and work of Nina Simone, showing on Netflix. I know very little about her, except for the odd song I recognize but never truly listened to until fairly recently, when I uploaded one on this blog last year. But watching the trailer, it really made me want to watch the documentary and discover Nina Simone. It actually makes me feel like a Philistine, knowing so very little about the high priestess of soul at my age. But it is never too late to educate oneself. So I intend to watch it very soon, probably tomorrow. Until then, I have decided to upload Feeling Good. Just because this song has soul.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

now you have encouraged me to do the same,,,

Craig said...

I'm like you. The little I've heard, she has the most remarkable voice, very unique. But I don't know enough about her and I should fix that.

Ms Misantropia said...

Even though I never feel good, I love this song - it certainly has soul.

Cynthia said...

Ils en ont parlé sur La Presse, ça a l'air vraiment intéressant!