Sunday 9 August 2015

Longing for Bergamo

I was thinking about it recently: it has been almost fifteen years since my first (and last) trip to Italy. And thinking about it made me realise: 1)that a visit is long overdue and 2)that I miss the city of Bergamo, where one of my best friends, and certainly my best Italian friend, lives. I don't know why I loved the city so much, but of all the cities I visited, it might be my favorite. I mentioned on Facebook that I was missing Bergamo and she told me we were welcomed to visit it at any time. Nice to know, although I don't know when that will be possible. Until then, I will try to brush up my Italian. And to calm my longing for Bergamo, I listen to Uccellini's take on the bergamasca, which is originally a local dance. I blogged about it here and decided to upload it again tonight to accompany this post with a bergamese melody.

No comments: