Sunday 16 August 2015

"Glow Back to School"?

Well, after what I saw last week, this was to be expected. I saw this on the front window of Tinc, a stationary shop specialized in funky designs. My wife and I like it quite a lot. I am going to like it still, in spite of this dreadful word play. "Glow Back to School" might look and sound funky, the furry beast of Tinc might be all enthusiastic and wild, thus depicting the back to school time exciting, it nevertheless reminds me that the beginning of the school year is imminent. And even though I am a grownup, it has the same effect on me as it did when I was a child: the August melancholy comes in full force. At least Tinc is a stationary shop, targeted at seven and eleven year old children and what they sell is nice and colourful. So I forgive them. All the same, it was a horrible word play and I can't shake off the melancholia.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i always got excited about going back to school. especially when i got a new box of crayons.