Saturday 15 August 2015

The Oresteia for £5

There are news like this that get the thespian in me all excited. So recently, I have learned that Shakespeare's Globe (yes, THE Globe) was soon going to show an adaptation of The Oresteia by Aeschylus... and that some tickets were going to cost the sum of five pounds. Five sterling pounds. A fiver, as the Brits say. Five quid, as they also say. In other words, a bargain. I love Greek mythology, I also love theatre and especially seeing it on stage. Last year, you might remember that I saw Medea. I did not blog about ti afterwards, although I wanted to. It was a great experience. But it was seen in a cinema, on a live performance. For a fiver, I could see the play on stage. And not any stage. Ok, so it would cost me the prices of the tickets to London, the meal there as well, but all the same. I am very tempted to book it.

No comments: