Saturday 29 August 2015

Dark and stormy York

Unfortunately I still don't have any picture of my trip. Well, I do, but no picture would be able to illustrate properly the moment. I went to York on Saturday last week. Here down south, it was a heatwave and a very summery day. But as the train was riding up North, it was becoming more and more overcast and gradually it became stormy. In the train, it was absolutely gorgeous. There was even some mist at some point. There is just something about going through the English countryside in the train when there is bad weather. It really felt great. But then we arrived in York... And it was pouring and stormy like the sky was about to fall. Thankfully the accommodation was only less than ten minutes away from the station. But in the rain, it felt like hours. I thought at first that the holidays started very badly. But I have to say that York looked gorgeous in the storm. It was more enjoyable looking at it from a dry place.

2 comments:

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I love train travel. You are correct ~ you really do get to see some spectacular scenery, from the cold heart of industry to the magic of the countryside. So sorry it rained, but when in Britain wear wellies and a brolly!

Ms Misantropia said...

I've never been to York, but the English countryside is definitely at its most beautiful when a bit miserable and mysterious :)