Sunday 2 August 2015

Longing for a Sunday roast

I took this picture a couple of months ago in a local pub. It is a typical Sunday roast, with all the trimmings. It is not the best Sunday roast I ever ate, but it is good, honest, hearty food. Looking at the picture today, I thought it would be nice to eat one, as I did not have one in ages. It is not quite the right time for it though: whatever I said a few days ago, the temperature is now far more seasonal and I find Sunday roasts to be best enjoyed on a cold day. So tonight I will have something much lighter. In a way, I am not so much longing for a Sunday roast than for the time of Sunday roasts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean,,, its not always the meal but the atmosphere in which the meal was eaten,,

Ms Misantropia said...

It's one of the best things about autumn - all the hearty delicious food and hot drinks :)