Monday 31 August 2015

London fog in York?

Well, I am not talking about the fog itself, but a drink from the Perky Peacock, one of the happy discoveries I made at the very beginning of my stay and maybe my favourite coffee shops in York. London fog is a tea made with Earl Grey, with frothed milk and vanilla essence. The frothed milk gives the cup a very foggy look, as you can see on the picture. As you know, I find milk in tea utterly barbaric. But I was curious about its name and the idea of vanilla flavour was intriguing. So against my general principle, I ordered one. I guess I have little principles. And yes, I actually enjoyed it. That said, I wouldn't take it every day, I still prefer my tea very black.

And I did also have some true, proper Yorkshire tea at the Perky Peacock. The picture on your left was actually one of the first photos I took of my whole stay and the very first tea cup I had in my first day in York. It was only fitting. And if you can see milk in the background, for the record I had it by itself afterwards. As milk should be drunk. The tea was taken all black, as it should be. I will blog more about the Perky Peacock, but suffice to say now that it was a great experience in an amazing setting. And that the London fog was actually quite drinkable.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I have a friend who's hooked on London Fog tea, so I tried one once and it was indeed pleasant. I'm not a fan of milk in tea either but if it must be present, I prefer a chai tea latte.

PJ said...

Le London Fog, c'est pas du thé avec du lait dedans, c'est du lait avec de la vanille et un peu de thé dedans. Et, apparemment, c'est originaire de Vancouver.

Nellie said...

Oh, I love that name - Perky Peacock - and I love that cup of tea! We prefer our tea black as well, but then, we are Americans and have probably really ruined a good cup of tea already.:-)

Unknown said...

I like my cha heavily masala.