Sunday 13 September 2015

Tea and Wisdom

I am again using a picture taken from the Facebook page of David's Tea. This one came with this quote of C.S. Lewis: "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." I've never read C.S. Lewis, I don't think I'd agree with him on many subjects (more on this another time, maybe), but this is as far as I'm concerned pure wisdom. Tea and reading are two pleasures that go well together. Especially if the tea is drunk in a mug like the one of the picture, which is of course from their autumn collection (this particular one is a Nordic mug). So here would be ideal pleasure: tea, in one of these mugs, a good book, on an autumn day. Especially since it is looking more and more autumnal every day.

4 comments:

PJ said...

Il faut au moins lire les Chroniques de Narnia. C'est plus enfantin que Tolkien mais c'est quand même pas trop pire, même si l'allégorie chrétienne en beurre épais par bout. Ce n'est pas long à lire en plus.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

love the mug!

Nellie said...

Oh, yes! I totally agree with the C. S. Lewis quote! Autumn is on the way here, too. We had 50 degrees F earlier this morning. Incidentally, C.S. Lewis was on a reading list for a course I took in college eons ago. Never was one to complete assignments, sadly, though I did do enough to earn my degree.:-)

Ms Misantropia said...

That is a very Nordic looking setting indeed. I bought a candle holder much like it the other day, and having more and more tea every day :)