Friday 25 September 2015

Tea and Generosity

I am a sucker for the products of David's Tea and sometimes it pays off unexpectedly. On my first day in Montreal, there was a special promotion for teachers, they would get one free teacup. As I chatting in the shop, I mentioned that I was unfortunately no teacher, but that my wife was, although on the other side of the Atlantic. So the person there gave me a free teacup anyway, on behalf of my wife... who does not like tea at all. So I had a free cuppa. And not just anything: their new spiced pumpkin from their Autumn collection (that's right I refuse to call it fall). Taken in a fresh autumn day, walking on the Plateau Mont-Royal, is pretty much my idea of happiness. I think I might prefer spiced pumpkin to their pumpkin chai, which so far was my autumnal drink of choice I will also need to try their pumpkin maté. Anyway, while the best things in life are not always free, this one was, both the moment and the drink.

5 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

Pumpkin chai? I don't think we have that over here. It sounds delicious!

Cynthia said...

You are married to an English woman who does not like tea ? It would be like being married to a Frenchman who does not like wine ;)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Score!

Guillaume said...

@Ms Misantropia-I love teas with pumpkin in it, maybe more because of the Halloween association than anything else.
@Cynthia-Tea has unfortunately lost a lot of popularity in the UK.
@Debra-I am a lucky bastard, what can I say?;-)

Nellie said...

Wow! How lucky can one be?