Thursday 17 September 2015

Autumn Glow

This is the title of this painting, created by local artist Marilyn Smith. I took the picture in an exhibition back in May and had been waiting for the right time to share it on the blog. Because it is a lovely image, for one. And because it is getting there here. Who Would have thought September in England could be so autumnal? It is cool, sometimes borderline cold, and the trees are showing fiery colours. Not all, not completely, but they are there. I love my country of adoption these days. Ironically enough, I will soon visit home, where it is unusually warm, even hot, for September. It might change while I am there. In any case, when I get back, I intend to take an autumn walk in the woods. I want to experience the autumn glow completely.

4 comments:

Nellie said...

Lovely painting!

This is probably my favorite season. It's wonderful to take a good autumn walk!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i am going to appreciate every second of this season the minute it drops below 90 degrees.

Cynthia said...

C'est comme si le mois de septembre avait honte d'être lui même: A Montréal c'est comme si c'était le mois d'août et ici j'ai l'impression d'être en novembre!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Fall is my favourite season too. Stock up on David's tea and cups/mugs when you're in Quebec! I'm sure you don't need to be told that, though, do you?