Tuesday 1 September 2015

Autumnal September


We are the first of September, which is for me the true start of autumn. My favourite season. I know it officially says it starts with the equinox, but I don't care: autumn starts with the month of September. Period. Meteorologists consider it the beginning of autumn too, so it is not a flight of fancy from me. In any case, September is starting as cool and very much autumnal, so there you go. And as the season is associated with harvests, I have decided to mark its beginning with this picture, of apples, crabapples and jars of crabapple jelly and apple jelly. In a basket which could be considered a horn of plenty. It is a seasonal tradition on this blog. It is now time for harvest and hearty food. I hope you are enjoying the beginning of September as much as I am and that this picture will make you enjoy it more.

5 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

I am hellbent on enjoying the season! :)

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I agree, Autumn officially starts today, although I've been speaking about it for a few weeks. It is very hard to refrain from being in an Autumnal mood when the very feeling of Autumn is in the air ~ I have had a severe attack of Autumnitis this year!
Happy September and Happy Autumn Days ~~~

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i agree that autumn starts today but no one told the weather. it was 94 freaking degrees here today and sunny and humid...damn!

Nellie said...

Oh, I love that basket! Unfortunately, we have a summer day here today! I really miss the cooler temps we had briefly last week. Wishing you the very best of Septembers!

Guillaume said...

I knew this post was going to be popular. Thank you all for commenting.