Thursday 10 September 2015

Second sign of Halloween

After last Saturday, I thought I would not find a new sign for the upcoming Halloween for a while. I was wrong: the next day, I saw this bottle of Hobgoblin from Wychwood. Sure, they sell Hobgoblin all year round, but only when Halloween is coming does the hobgoblin of the label holds, instead of his usual axe, this marotte with a Jack O'Lantern as head. I should not be surprised: it is the officious beer of Halloween after all. So I bought some and had one that night. It tastes better all year round, but even better when Halloween is coming. Oh and on a sadder note: the local pub that was serving Wychwood products fell out with the mcirobrewery (from what I understood from the landlord when I asked him a few weeks ago), so if I want to take a pint of Hobgoblin in a pub, it will have to be somewhere else. But in any case, I will keep you posted for the next sign of Halloween.

3 comments:

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I never knew Wychwood did this! I never noticed, and when I drank beer I drank Wychwood Hobgoblin too. I shall be on the look out now! Sorry about your local though.
look forward for the next sign!

Anonymous said...

now thats cool, looks like something Dumbledoor (sp ) would drink!!!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it's only 49 days away!