Saturday 19 July 2014

The crabapple tree in the park

I recently made a discovery walking in the nearest park: right after you get in from one of its entrances, there is what appears to be a crabapple tree. This made my day and I went back in the evening to take a picture. Those who have been reading my blog for a while know that I have a special fondness for crabapple trees, because my parents have one at home, among other things. We make jelly with its fruits (great on toasts). For me, crabapple ripening are a sign of summer passing and autumn showing up, and a sign of harvest. Now, there are plenty of green fruits there, they are far from ripe but all the same, this will be like a natural, growing calendar. It felt strangely homely standing in its shade, looking at the fruits. Sometimes it does not take me much to be happy.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Je ne croyais pas que ces fruits étaient comestibles, tu m'apprends quelque chose!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love seeing the seasons approach by watching nature.

Nellie said...

This reminds me of my childhood! We had a crabapple tree, though I was too young to appreciate it. Never had any crabapple jelly made, though.