Friday 25 July 2014

With hey, ho, the wind and the rain

I know, I know, this is not the true title of this song. But it is this line of the lyrics that I remember most from the song sung by Feste in Twelfth Night by, well, who else than the Bard. In fact, it may be the song written by Shakespeare which I find the most memorable, because it was performed by Ben Kingsley in the 1996 movie adaptation. And because I often long for wind and rain these days, I thought about uploading it tonight. Well, because of this, and because it is Shakespeare's 450th birth year anniversary and it is cool to listen to Ben Kingsley singing. Otherwise, it is one of those songs I adore, but have no idea why. For the record, these days the rain comes generously but sporadically in storms, while the wind remains desperately quiet.

No comments: