Monday 14 July 2014

Dreaded Monday

Warning: this post is all gloom and doom. Anybody did not notice today was Monday? Except the French of course, but I suspect even they know. You know it is Monday when you wake up one morning and wished the week was over already. And it is true even if you are not working. Monday is a dreaded and often a dreadful day. This Monday was for me anyway, and I suspect it was only because of the day of the week. Nothing, absolutely nothing went wrong at work, but I felt tired and bored and when the day ended completely deflated. And to think there is a whole week ahead of me... I am sure Sisyphus rolls his rock on an eternal Monday.

Addendum: The last line, according to the comments I received since I wrote this post, deserves to be a great unknown line. So it is officially one now.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

J'aime bien les fériés qui tombent le lundi ça fait un dimanche de plus pour se prélasser et en plus la semaine sera ensuite beaucoup plus courte!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"I am sure Sisyphus rolls his rock on an eternal Monday" -- man, that's the best line I've read in a long, long time, LOL!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i am there with debra on the sisyphus statement! good one. monday andst disappears totally when you are retired!

Guillaume said...

Thanks all for commenting, and ok, I will turn it into a great unknown line immediately.