Tuesday 1 July 2014

To see Medea

I have rediscovered this year the pleasure of seeing a play on stage. I blogged about, especially about the National Theatre's production of King Lear. I have discovered a new upcoming production I madly want to see: Medea by Euripides, with Helen McCrory in the title role. I know the myth back and forth, in fact I know a lot about Greek mythology, been reading about it since I am a child, been studying it at university, I love it. But, shame on me, I have yet to see a Greek tragedy on stage. And I don't think I can go wrong with this myth and the NT. So it is time to book tickets. Okay, so it will be, as for Lear, tickets for a live screening in a nearby cinema, but it still be a play on stage I will see, although not in the theatre itself. I can barely wait.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

We saw a local production of this play about a month ago and it was powerful stuff! I'm sure the National Theatre production will be outstanding. I hope this is one they broadcast as a movie, maybe I'll be able to catch it here in Edmonton too.

Nellie said...

This is very exciting! Enjoy!

Guillaume said...

Thank you for commenting. I booked my tickets.