Monday 21 July 2014

In need of pseudonyms

Something struck me after reading this post from yesterday and thinking about that post: my readers might get confused when I speak of certain friends, such as my Italian friends, as they share enough to be confused for one another, but are two very different persons. Many bloggers use pseudonyms, either referring to themselves or about family members or loved ones. I kept my real first name, while my two brothers took the names of PJ and Devadar. But even then, I call them my brothers here. Since they are both younger than me, it might again lead to confusion if I don't refer to them with their pseudonyms. I see many of my fellow bloggers using pseudonyms and I find them very inventive. And yet I find their imagination somewhat intimidating. I am a rather creative person myself, but what names to find to replace the real ones I have no idea.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thinking up the perfect pseudonym for someone is fun! Go for it!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

some of the pseudonyms people use drive me crazy.