Thursday 3 July 2014

A black cat on the railway

I took this picture a while ago, when I was waiting for the train to go home after a day of work. This is of course the black cat I nicknamed Mephisto, one of the few daredevil (excuse the pun) cats that dwell at the train station near my work. All feral cats, I think. I blogged about him before. And maybe a few years ago too. There are plenty of cats near the station, I stopped counting them, but I try to give them name every time I see a new one. Of all the ones I saw, Mephisto is my favorite by far. Because he is a black cat of course. I love black cats and, if I do not believe in luck, if I did I thought they'd bring good luck. Mephisto often looks at me quizzically, sometimes bemused, but he always keeps his distances. This is one of the very few snapshots when you can have a good look at him. I wanted to upload it here because it shows his fearless nature. And he is so elegant, a small shadow casually walking on the railway.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

He's King of the (Rail) Road!

Nellie said...

I've a preference for black cats, too! Our 21-year old who passed last year did have a bit of white on his throat.

Cynthia said...

Très agile de marcher comme ça sur les rails polis!