Friday 18 July 2014

Stormy night

I blogged yesterday about a storm I was hoping to see. Well, it happened... last night! In the middle of the night, I woke up because of rain and thunder. You can see pictures on the BBC website here. It seems that pretty much the whole island was covered with storms. Sadly, I did not take a picture myself. I got up, shut the window, and went back to bed. And slept easily the rest of the night. I find summer storms soothing, especially in the middle of the night.

4 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love sleeping during a storm!

psyconym said...

So do I.

Cynthia said...

Ours is planned for tonight and I'm afraid that I won't get much sleep because of my big scaredy cat!

Mantan Calaveras said...

In northeast Florida, in the summer, you get sun-baked mornings, followed by thunder storms blowing in by the afternoon.

Swimming in the ocean in the rain, watching lightning strike out at sea is an amazing experience that I am immensely grateful for having been able to experience.