Sunday 20 July 2014

The world in Bergamo

I am uploading another picture my Italian friend sent me of the terrestrial globe in her parent's house in Bergamo. I obsessed about the globe since I saw it years ago. I am grateful my friend took the time to take a few snapshots of it at a family gathering. You can find more images of the globe here and here. I have no real reason to upload it, except that I love the image. The globe in front, the Italian wine in the back, blurry in the background.I don't know why, but I love it. My friend made a very artsy picture. So I had to share it here.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I remember when every classroom had one of those globes in it. They were considered an indispensable teaching aide in those days. I wonder if modern classrooms still have globes? I doubt it, somehow.

Guillaume said...

Now we have Google Map, but it's not the same.