Monday 12 May 2014

Mayday! (with dramatic emphasis)

May is supposed to be the time when Spring is blossoming into summer, when it is getting warmer and sunnier, when you feel all happy about the seasonal change... Yet these days, like last year actually, May looks very much like March. Sometimes like a nasty September or even October. Do not get me wrong: I LOVE the autumnal months and September and October are my favorite months. But their weather and cold temperatures do not fit this time of year when the trees are green and the flowers in bloom. And even the autumnal man I am is starting to long for warm times, so he can later appreciate autumn completely. Now it often rains, when it does not rain the wind blows anyway, I never know what to wear to the point where the shelves of my drawers are suffering from acute schizophrenia, warm jumpers and light t shirts all mixed together. Thankfully, I do not care about a tidy wardrobe. Yet, with this month of May that looks so much like something else, I find very fitting that Mayday became an international distress signal in radio communication. To be shouted with dramatic emphasis these days.

4 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i'll trade weather with you! we are having endless 85 degree sunny weather which i hate. we went straight from winter to deep summer.

Nellie said...

We are having mid-eighties for high temperatures here! What happened to spring?

Guillaume said...

@Jaz-I will love the cold days from late August onwards.
@Nellie-It is supposed to get warmer this week.

Mantan Calaveras said...

Merde!