Wednesday 28 May 2014

I discovered Vanuatu

Well, not really, I mean it existed way before me and I did not physically discover it... But I first learned about it today, this very morning, out of total random. Never mind the details, it would be a bit long and boring to explain, but it was at work. So I discovered about Vanuatu, an island nation in the Pacific Ocean, southern of the hemisphere, relatively near Australia, if it has to be near anywhere. In fact, it is far from everywhere. Which gives it, in my eyes at least, a certain aura of mystery. There are plenty of fascinating tidbits to learn about Vanuatu, my favorite one is that it is a volcanic island. Now that makes it even more exotic and mysterious. Like the setting of some cheesy adventure movie. Being originally from the middle of nowhere myself, I feel a sort of kinship from remote places and this one fits the bill. And it is a volcanic island. A volcanic island. So now I know about Vanuatu. And even the name is cool.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I know someone who actually went there once for a conference! It was the first I'd ever heard of the place too.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love learning of these places. i have recently been fascinated by the faroe islands. if you haven't heard of them, check them out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faroe_Islands

PJ said...

Ah, the Faroe Islands... we met a girl from Faroe Islands ages ago (along with many other exchange students from all over the world).

But Vanuatu makes me think of Vaatu.

Nellie said...

I haven't heard of this before! Now I am motivated to do some research myself.

Guillaume said...

Thank you all for commenting.