Friday 30 May 2014

Odin on my mind

I probably sound like a broken record, but there you go. Maybe it is because this month was our meeting anniversary, maybe because I see cats very often these days, but I am thinking a lot about Odin these days. I miss him a lot. I even started craving fish and chips, maybe because this is what I was carrying back when I met him. It struck me that he did not have yet his Viking's funeral. The ashes of my black cat with one eye are still on the bookshelf. I should really do it, make a nice ceremony and all, but I cannot bring myself to do it. Maybe only when I will leave this place. I have decided that when this happens, when I do leave the flat, I will then adopt another cat, preferably a black cat. For the reasons listed on this post. In the right time and the right place. Until then, and until I blog about him again, here is a still (I think) unpublished picture of Odin, when I gave him tuna for the first time.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

you really need a cat! there is a cat out there that needs you!

Nellie said...

Our black cat, Shadow, was with us 21 years and two months exactly! They really leave an emptiness when they are gone.

Guillaume said...

@Jaz-I do need a cat, sadly here I do not have the right to have one. I took a huge liberty with Odin.
@Nellie-They do leave an emptiness. Odin was about ten years he showed up in our life, I thought he would stay with us for a good ten years. Cats live fairly long, one thing I love about them.