Tuesday 6 May 2014

Being "My Age"

When I got back to work after my birthday, one of my colleagues asked me: "So, did you enjoy turning your age?" We had a bit of chit-chat and she kept on asking questions like this in the conversation, always using "your age" instead of the number. Finally, I asked why she always used the word and she answered: "Because I am going to turn your age in a few weeks." Nice way to make me feel ancient. But I have to admit, this deserves to me a great unknown line. For the record, I am 37. I guess I am getting closer to 40, something I haven't thought about much, but she did. Anyway, should I freak out to be my age, on the second half of my thirties?

4 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

wait until you are 60 to freak out.

psyconym said...

I am 27, should I freak out I am nearly 30? I think women take it harder than men, sometimes.

30 does scare me, but then life is always wonderful however old you are (its also rubbish at the same time.

And why freek out...what the hell can you do about growing old? Its natural.

Oh yes, two new blogs, on about anthropology and of just my rambles...;-)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm 57. I'll trade ya.

Guillaume said...

I thought this post would gather some comments. I think some people, me included, wished they could remain younger for longer.