Saturday 14 August 2010

Exotic mood

It happens sometimes: I get into a particular "cultural" mood. Maybe I am just a shallow tourist deep down. Recently, my wife and we made spanakopita, one of our favourite "couple" meal. So I had again a Greek feeling. I wish the weather had been Greek too. But it was neither hot nor dry. I also try to speak Italian as much as I can with an Italian colleague of mine, hoping to improve it. And there was a company dinner last night in an authentic Mexican restaurant (as in: the fajitas did not taste like your Old El Paso mix). So I am in an exotic mood. Since I put enough of Italian songs here (or songs in ITalian), I thought I put that Greek song you can hear near the end of the second season of The Wire. I put it here because I am in this exotic mood, because I love the song and because the Greeks were maybe my favourite villains in the whole series.

2 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Greece is on my bucket list and Saganaki is one of my favortie foods! Opa! :o)

Guillaume said...

I have to read about Saganaki, I don't know what it is.