Thursday 12 August 2010

Evening shadows

This is a picture of Keswick, I put it here because I am shamelessly using my last holidays' pictures and because it is a beautiful one that fits the topic.

We went for a walk yesterday, my wife and I. We take evening walks more and more these days. We walked around the little streets we seldom use and looked for places we had not seen in a while. It was superb. The dying lights of the day, the growing evening shadows, it was beautiful and eerie. And we even had a fluffy cat to stroke (now that is a bonus here when you walk: there are plenty of friendly cats). Pure happiness. The surroundings here are not nearly as spectacular as in Keswick, but the evenings make up for it.

2 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Well photos are good at anytime, it matters not when you took them because they are always new to someone else. Unless of course you keep posting the exact same ones over and over...ha! It looks very quaint and lovely. Dusk is my very favorite time of day next to Midnight! :o)

Guillaume said...

Dusk is probably my favourite time of the day too.