Tuesday 17 August 2010

Autumn at the door?

Well, the Woodland Trust might be wrong after all. Whatever they predicted, it looks like Autumn is already at the door here. It might be warm most of the time, but it is often windy and somewhat gloomy, I see colleagues and fellow commuters wearing warmer clothes, I do not go out without my coat, etc. These are little signs that don't lie. My wife even heard a friend who told her that Autumn was already here! I wouldn't go that far, but there is a general mood leaning this way. I suddenly long for hearty food, heavy cakes, biscuits, hot tea and dark beers.

Of course, it all depends on what you consider to be the characteristics of autumn. Officially, it starts on the 21st of September with the Equinox, so we still have a long way to go. However, if one thinks that what marks the seasonal change is not astronomical but environmental and meteorological, then autumn might actually be at the door. And I am not complaining.

2 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Oh goody, oh goody, oh goody! I hope it is so....I truly do. Your post just made me feel all warm and toasty and excited for things to come. Bring on the Fall! :o)

Guillaume said...

It is still very warm, but we can see some leaves here and there changing colours already. Some are on the ground.