Wednesday 5 September 2018

A carrot cake

Maybe it was pure chance, maybe it was fate, but the day before my favourite local café closed down, we stopped there to buy a dessert for after dinner. I should have noticed something strange, as there were only two cakes available, and they were very classic ones. But I bought a piece of carrot cake anyway. After this carrot cake, which is the greatest carrot cake I ever had, the one from our now closed down independent café is maybe one of the best. I really enjoyed it and would have enjoyed it even more knowing it was going to be the last. In any case, I find carrot cakes one of the the most appropriate dessert for autumn. Maybe it is the reddish colour, maybe something about the flavour, but I generally enjoy some in autumn. And yes, I turned this post into another autumnal one. I promise, my next posts will be on another subject.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love a good piece of carrot cake too, with cream cheese icing.