Friday 21 September 2018

Halloween party at the pub

Today was a lovely autumn day, the first we truly had (see my previous post of you read French), but something really made it the perfect day to me. As I was walking away from the office, smelling nicely the autumn air, I saw this sign at the entrance of a pub. This pub is a rather bland looking carvery in an equally bland part of a bland town, but it has the first explicit advertisement of a Halloween activity. Before they even advertise Christmas, which is an achievement in itself in this country! In any case, this is the second sign of Halloween I have seen this year (the first one was more discreet). So this really made my day, which was already great.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I do tai chi with a group of people every weekday morning at a local mall before the stores open. This morning there was a large skeleton sitting in a big potted plant in a sofa seating area of the mall. Aha, I thought to myself, the very first mall Halloween decoration. Skelly was just sitting there, minding its own business.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it's halloween full speed ahead here. there are signs of it everywhere!