Sunday 23 September 2018

The autumnal equinox

It is relatively late this year, the 23rd of September instead of the 22nd (although sometimes it is the 21st), but today is the autumnal equinox. Today we have an equal time of day and night time, today is the official start of astronomical autumn. Although everyone with a bit of commonsense knows that autumn starts with September. All the same, it is a day to celebrate and commemorate and I want to wish everyone a happy equinox. I was looking for a fitting picture for this post, I thought this one would do. I took it in a garden centre near home. The scarecrow is an autumnal creature that shows up with harvest. I don't know how we will celebrate exactly, but I intend to do something about the equinox before night falls, and I hope to blog about it later.

No comments: