Saturday 8 September 2018

Soft play time

Today, we decided to have lunch in a nearby garden centre which has a soft play area for young children. I had seen Wolfie in soft plays before, but it is not something I often have the occasion to experience, as he generally does this during weekdays. He adores it of course, and I made a few observations about this time:

-Apart from the children, this is a mostly a place for mothers, who gathers at the side of the area and chit chat about things. I saw only another father, apart from me.
-Boys are boisterous, I mean they really are.
-Older naughty boys seem to recognize naturally other naughty boys as partners in crime. It happened today anyway: there was a kid, about six or seven years old, who took a liking to Wolfie and spent a good bit of time trying to play with him, as if he found a spiritual brother. The girls were pretty indifferent.
-Toddlers can be quote independent when they play. They just want to remain unleashed.

No comments: