Sunday 23 September 2018

Beware the witches

It is now dark outside, after a glorious autumn day. This equinox was perfect. This is now nighttime however, and I thought I would give a word of warning to my readers: beware the witches, as tonight is meant to be one of their biggest sabbaths in the year. I know this for a fact, from various literary sources. As Halloween is coming, I read more and more spooky stuff: horror stories, but also informative works about folklore and superstitions. So I know a thing or two about witches and I know the dates of their most important gatherings. You have been warned. On a side note, The Penguin Book of Witches is not among the the books I read on the subject. I bought it last year, but as you may remember from this post, my brother-in-law borrowed it so his daughter could use it as reference for a research on the subject of witchcraft. I have not seen it back. This is the second moral of this post: don't let anyone borrow your books.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Va voir ton beau-frère et reprends ton livre, supposant qu'il soit toujours là.