Monday 24 September 2018

Almond "milk"

A few weeks ago, my wife bought some Innocent almond milk, to reduce her (and I guess mine) consumption of dairy products. I had almond milk before, but only part of something else, generally (always?) a smoothie. Innocent boasts that its almond milk is made of only three ingredients: almonds (duh!), spring water and a bit of sea salt. I tried it by itself one evening, in lieu of the cup of milk I sometimes take to relax me. I could taste the almonds for sure. I could also taste the sea salt. And there was the water, I mean it was liquid. But I sure as hell could not taste any milk in there. I thought it was borderline vile. It disappointed me: I generally love Innocent products. Not this one. I tried as hard as I could to like their almond milk, it did not work. And after my experience, my wife would not have any. Rant over.

2 comments:

Rachel Lucas said...

I love Innocent almond milk - the hazelnut one too! But then, I hate cow's milk (always have) so if it doesn't taste like it then that's a bonus!!

Shandara said...

Je ne l'aimais pas non plus jusqu'à ce qu'ils sortent le "Silk" Almond milk... maintenant j'adore! Il goûte beaucoup plus comme du vrai lait. Mais bon, sûrement pas disponible chez-toi