Friday 21 September 2018

The gate of the garage block

There is an area in the street where we live where all the garages are. One of the neighbours had noticed the coming and going of suspicious characters displaying antisocial behavior, apparently some young people doing drugs and buying them in the very garage areas, from dealers stopping their cars there. I had not noticed anything so grievous, but did see a few young men who looked out of place here. So the neighbour, a man in his forties/fifties, took the initiative to have a gate set up to block the area. I was reluctant at first, but decided to go along because I am the father of a young child and husband of a woman who spends a lot of time alone with said child during daytime. Better be safe than sorry. Especialy since this quiet little neighbourhood had had its share of criminal problems: burglaries, more burglaries (of the very garages in fact), newsagent robbery, etc. So we now have a gate blocking the garage area and I paid our share of the thing yesterday evening. The neighbour was very nice, but one of the worst jibber-jabberer I have met in years. But I guess he felt like this was his mission. In any case, I have seen no suspicious character around since the gate was put up.

No comments: