Monday 3 September 2018

Labor Day is a working day

Today is Labor Day in America, but not here. Here it is a normal Monday and that means I have to work. Usually it would not bother me much, but it kind of does this year, even though I was on holiday recently and we had a bank holiday Monday a week ago. I love taking time off in September and I feel that it would be the right time for a bank holiday. There is none whatsoever until Christmas and that kind of sucks. Never mind, I have plenty of days of leave left, so I should take some time off in the near future and will enjoy it very much. But it does not change the fact that today, I wish I could stay at home.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Does Britain celebrate its Labour Day on May 1st?

Veggie Carrie said...

No it's not something celebrated here but there is a bank holiday on the first Monday of May called May day. It's just a day off work as far as I know.