Wednesday 19 September 2018

Truro, Nova Scotia

No, I am not there at the moment, in fact I have never been in Truro, Nova Scotia, or in the province at all. But recently, my curiosity about the town has been triggered reading about Sir Adams George Archibald, who was a Father of the Confederation and first Lieutenant-Governor of Manitoba. According to one of my uncles on my mother's side, he was actually our direct ancestor, so we can trace back my maternal grandfather's family to Truro, at least from when they started living on the New Continent. Before that, who knows. I say all this very carefully, because this is my uncle's claim and I have not checked the evidence myself. For all I know it was an entirely unrelated Archibald that was our ancestor. Still, in case my uncle is right, if anyone has any information about Truro, its history or how it is now, please let me know in the comments, as I would like to know about it.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've been in Nova Scotia a few times (wonderful place) but never Truro. There's an Archibald Street in Winnipeg, I know.