Sunday 9 September 2018

Earliest sign of Halloween

I was wondering when and especially where I would see it first, with both excitement and a bit of anxiety: the first sign of Halloween this year. Well, it turned out that I found it in Sainsbury's: these small pumpkins, £1.00 a unit I believe, with some even smaller ones next to them. The tiny pumpkins would look nice on display in the kitchen or on a dinner table. The small ones have juust enough space on their surface to carve a Jack O'Lantern. But I did not buy any yet, as I want my pumpkins to be much bigger. I did however buy some extra long matches, as we were short on them and I am already thinking about lighting our future Jack O'Lanterns. I am very much in a Halloween mood and it is increasing every day. I think my little Wolfie already shares my enthusiasm, but it is for another post.

No comments: