Friday 25 March 2016

Tonight's meal for Good Friday

It is Good Friday and, more than any other Friday in the year, it means to me fish Friday. I will have tonight my traditional Good Friday meal: bagels from St-Viateur, which I saved from my last trip to Montreal, capers, raw onions, a slice of tomatoes and of course smoked salmon. I know, I have a rather strange way of fasting. But for me, any excuse is good enough to eat a traditional bagels meal. And I have been practicing this tradition since my first Good Fridays in Montreal. So this reminds me of home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

a beautiful plate of food, have a wonderful Easter, its wonderful how food evokes memories, makes us feel safe and loved,

Rustic Pumpkin said...

It looks a good meal. I love bagels.

Chloe said...

It feels traditional :) Food is simple enogh and simply delicious

Guillaume said...

Thank you all for commenting. I thought this was going to be a popular post.