Wednesday 23 March 2016

Pain & Gain

Tonight was the first Krav Maga training session I've had in two weeks. I had to stay away because I was ill. It was for my own safety and my fellow students, as I was a living breathing biohazard. That said, I had the weekend before the privilege to do a seminar with Lior Offenbach, one of the most respected Krav Maga instructors in the world (and a friendly guy as well). It was called the Pain & Gain Seminar. And for two days, I did go through a lot of pain. One hit to the chest by Lior's foot especially, which I felt straight up to my jaw. And there was also a lot of gains: I gained bruises, scratches, more bruises and bigger bruises. My chest was completely covered with them, which traumatized my wife a lot (she was not amused). Nevertheless, I did also gain strength, stamina and a few techniques. And a free t-shirt! You can see the nasty yet cool image on it in the uploaded picture. On the back of the shirt, there is this quote from Lior: "Krav Maga is nasty- we kick to the groin, bite and gouge the eyes. There is no f**king clean technique- either smash them or they smash you." This explains why these few bruises were necessary. And this also deserves to be a new great unknown line.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

After taking all that punishment, you deserve to wear that bad-ass t-shirt!