Saturday 5 March 2016

Dame Judi Dench Walk

Here is another picture I took in York which I wanted to share. If you did not know about it already, Dame Judi Dench was born in York and was honoured by the city by having her name given to a walk by the river. We walked on it a few times before I noticed this sign. She played in many movies, blockbusters even, but for me she is first and foremost a thespian. Who actually and ironically I have yet to see on stage. But in any case, it is nice to see her talent and renown be recognized York while she is still alive to appreciate it. And it is a beautiful walk too.

6 comments:

PJ said...

Ils devraient mettre son nom sur un banc public, l'appeler le Dame Judi Bench.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love her!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's super! I lurves me some Judy Dench!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh and tell your brother that's a calembour atroce!

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Adore Dame Judi and enjoy watching her in pretty much anything.

Ms Misantropia said...

"like"