Sunday 27 March 2016

Stormy Easter

Happy Easter everyone! We got woken up this morning by the first storm of the year. There was thunder and strong wind. It felt like a weather more fitting for a Good Friday than Easter. Since the storm it has been overall sunny, but the temperature has remained cold. I always picture Easter as warm, sunny and peaceful, but then Easter is at its core a Springtime holiday, and Spring is a temperamental season, prone to nasty weather. So thinking back about it, today's temperature is fitting. I remember some Easters when it was snowing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you mentioned always thinking of sunshine and lovely weather for Easter I realized I did as well but I like that Mother Nature always keeps us on our toes,, have a wonderful Sunday!

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Strong winds and several torrential hail storms but brightening up in the west now! Yes, looking back on FB memories this morning I'm informed it snowed here three years ago on this day, but it probably wasn't Easter. Don't eat too much chocolate, will you?

Chloe said...

The Nature just are playing with us, asking for attantion. Happy Easter :)

Guillaume said...

Thank you all for commenting again.
@Chloe-A belated Happy Easter to you. Where/how did you find my blog?